Urgent Care for Kids in Davie FL
Children who experience minor or severe illnesses or injuries can receive urgent care services at Quick Family Urgent Care. We provide care for your kids seven days a week. For more information, contact us or request an appointment online. We are located at 4301 S Flamingo Rd #102, Davie, FL 33330.
Table of Contents:
What are the most common urgent care conditions for kids?
When should I take my child to urgent care vs. ER?
What urgent care services are available for my child?
Do I need to make an appointment for my kid at Quick Family Urgent Care?
Urgent care is defined as the provision of healthcare for acute injuries and illnesses that require medical attention right away, but are not severe enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room. This type of healthcare is invaluable, as it bridges the gap between primary care and emergency care. When utilized properly, urgent care lessens the load on hospital emergency rooms and allows patients to receive care at a much lower cost when compared to a visit to the ER for the same condition.
There are many reasons why children visit urgent care, and some of the most common causes for a trip to this type of walk-in clinic include the following:
• Respiratory Infections — The respiratory tract, which comprises the nose, sinuses, mouth, throat, larynx, bronchi and lungs, can become infected due to viral or bacterial proliferation. There are many different types of respiratory infections, all of which are sorted into two main categories: upper and lower respiratory infections. An upper respiratory infection is an infection of or above the voice box and vocal cords, including the nose, sinuses, throat, and/or larynx. This includes the common cold, influenza, strep throat and bacterial sinusitis.
• Ear Infections — Otitis is the term for ear inflammation (infection), which is classified depending on what area is affected, including otitis externa (outer ear), otitis media (middle ear), and otitis interna (inner ear; also known as labyrinthitis). The most common type of ear infection is otitis media, which is typically caused by viruses. However, managing these infections appropriately is very important due to the proximity of the middle ear to important structures, such as the brain and mastoid air cells.
Urgent care also commonly treats children for:
• Lacerations (minor)
• Burns (minor)
• Fractures (minor)
Urgent care includes minor and moderate, but still pressing medical situations, like acute injuries (strains, sprains, cuts, burns) and acute illnesses (influenza, common cold, pink eye) that require care right away, but are not serious enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room. The hospital ER is meant to treat the most severe life- and limb-threatening injuries and illnesses that could be fatal if not treated. A strained ankle, for example, is a severe enough injury to require medical treatment, yet it does not put the life of the individual at risk. Therefore, this would be treated at urgent care, and not the ER.
The family physicians at Quick Family Urgent Care in Davie, FL regularly treat children for the following injuries and illnesses:
• Asthma & allergies
• Bug bites
• Abrasions, cuts & stitches
• Sinus infections
• Rashes & other skin infections
• Vomiting & diarrhea
• Cough, cold & flu
• Earaches & sore throats (strep throat)
• Minor fractures, sprains & dislocations
• Eye infections, conjunctivitis (pinkeye)
• Broken bones
• Minor burns
• Urinary tract infections (UTI)
They also provide the following medical services:
• Physical exams
• Rapid strep testing
• Blood sugar testing
• Tuberculosis screening
• Influenza testing
No, you do not need to make an appointment, just walk right in! We are happy to serve you every day of the week on a walk-in basis, so you can get the care that you need for you and your child without delays, the same day.
If you or your little one is feeling unwell or has been injured, come to Quick Family Urgent Care, without the need to book an appointment! Come visit our urgent care clinic today at 4301 South Flamingo Road, Suite 102, Davie, FL 33330. We look forward to serving you! We Serve Patients from Cooper City FL, Plantation FL, Southwest Ranches FL, Weston FL, Pembroke Pines FL, Pine Island Ridge FL, Broadview Park FL, Fort Lauderdale FL, and surrounding areas.