Annual Physical Clinic in Davie FL
With Quick Family Urgent Care, You’ll be able to see an annual physical provider regularly. Anyone else in your family of any age can too. If that sounds like the kind of care you want for yourself and your family, then contact us or see us today! We are located at 4301 South Flamingo Road Suite 102 Davie, FL 33330.
Table of Contents:
What does a physician check for in an annual physical?
Is an annual physical the same for everyone?
Do I really need an annual physical?
Do you have an annual physical specialist in Davie, FL?
Asthma is a common condition that affects the lives of millions of people. Symptoms include shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, wheezing, and more. While there is no cure for asthma, the treatments available act essentially the same, with many experts working on prevention and treatments every year.
The first things a physician will do during an annual physical exam is discussed your health history and current lifestyle with you, and ask whether you have any concerns you’d like addressed. If you’re a parent and you’ve brought your child in to see the doctor, then the doctor will address both of you at the same time.
The next task is to check your vitals which includes your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and respiration rate. Then the doctor will perform a number of simple examinations, including:
– A lung exam – To make sure that your lungs are healthy and that you don’t have an illness that could be affecting your lungs, the doctor will listen to your lungs and breathing with a stethoscope
– A heart exam – The doctor will also listen to your heart to check for an irregular beat or heart murmur
– A head and neck exam – An examination of your throat, tonsils, gums, teeth, ears, nose, eyes, and sinuses
– An abdominal exam – The doctor will tap on your stomach to check your liver size and abdominal fluid, as well as to check for tenderness
During your annual physical, you can expect the doctor to perform the many exams listed above and possibly others, such as a neurological exam, an extremity exam, and/or a dermatological exam. There could be other exams too, depending on your age, sex, and health history. For example:
– Women may require a breast exam and pelvic exam.
– Men may require a testicular exam, a penis exam, a hernia exam, and/or a prostate exam.
– Patients of a certain age or at a risk of chronic conditions like heart disease may also need additional tests, like a lipid panel to check cholesterol levels, and they may also need more frequent physicals.
– The parents of children who are behind on their vaccination schedule should consider getting their child vaccinated.
You really should get an annual physical, yes. The exams can help a great deal to prevent health issues and maintain good health. Even if you’re feeling perfectly healthy, annual physicals can still be vital, as they can detect the early signs of serious health issues like cancer. Annual physicals are an absolute must at age 50 and beyond, but every patient can and likely will benefit from them. And when you see a specialist in annual physicals, you can have the highest confidence in his or her capabilities, and that you’ll be taken care of very well.
Yes, we do! Quick Family Urgent Care has an annual physical specialist near you at 4301 South Flamingo Road Suite 102 Davie, FL 33330. Our clinic is open for you Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm. We happily accept walk-ins, even for physical exams, so don’t hesitate to come see us if you or a loved one is behind on your annual physical exam schedule.
We look forward to your visit with us soon here at Quick Family Urgent Care in Davie, FL!