Urgent Care Clinic with Lab Services in Davie FL
At Quick Family Urgent Care, we offer convenient lab services, so you may obtain everything you need for an accurate diagnosis and treatment in one convenient location. Call now or walk in. We are conveniently located at 4301 S Flamingo Rd Ste 102 Davie, FL 33330.
Table of Contents:
Which common lab tests are done at Quick Family Urgent Care?
What are the main blood tests?
What illnesses can be picked up in a blood test?
What blood tests should you have annually?
Quick Family Urgent Care Clinic has lab testing available onsite to help diagnose and treat many conditions. We can provide blood testing for annual and other physicals that you may need.
Quick Family Urgent Care provides many needed services for people in need of medical attention. Providing these services allows for quick and accurate diagnosis of health issues. Most of our lab services will return results in less than 48 hours. At Quick Family Urgent Care, we can do lab testing for:
– Strep throat
– Urine pregnancy testing
– Blood sugar levels
– Flu testing
– Mononucleosis spot testing
– Tuberculosis screening
Blood testing is an important method for keeping track of a person’s overall well-being. Routine testing will allow you to see how your body is changing over time and will allow you to make better health decisions.
There are 10 important blood tests:
1. Complete blood count (CBC), this checks for 10 components of the blood, including, white and red blood cells, and platelets.
2. The basic metabolic panel will check for specific compounds in the blood, including calcium, glucose, potassium, sodium, chloride, bicarbonate, creatine, and blood urea nitrogen.
3. Comprehensive metabolic panel checks for proteins related to liver function as well as the basic metabolic proteins.
4. The lipid panel checks the two types of cholesterol in your blood.
5. The thyroid panel checks for the hormones related to thyroid function.
6. Cardiac biomarkers are checked with a blood test. It will look for enzymes that help with certain chemical processes related to many vital functions in the body.
7. Sexually transmitted infections are discovered with simple blood tests.
8. A coagulation panel is a blood test that measures how your blood clots. Clotting is crucial as it stops bleeding after a wound or cut. Clotting can also cause blockage in a vein or artery, which can be deadly.
9. DHEA-sulfate serum test. The dehydroepiandrosterone hormone comes from the adrenal glands. This test checks to see if your levels are in the right range. This hormone is important in traits, like hair growth.
10. A C-reactive protein test is done to check for issues including:
– Viral or bacterial infection
– Autoimmune diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus
– Inflammation related to diabetes
– Inflammation from habits like smoking or physical trauma
Blood tests can often help your doctor understand how your organs are functioning. When organs malfunction, it can lead to hormonal imbalances and chronic health issues.
Blood tests can be used to identify diseases and conditions related to diseases, such as:
– Coronary heart disease
– Hepatitis C
Having blood work done once a year is a good way to keep track of your health. It can give an indication of whether your body is functioning normally or if you are headed toward a health issue. Getting blood tests done annually can help you reduce the risk of certain diseases and other health complications.
The complete blood count is often called routine blood work. It can help assess overall health and organ function. It can give indications of anemia, infections, and cancer.
A blood glucose test is done to measure the sugar levels in your blood. It is a check for prediabetes and diabetes, which are growing concerns in the U.S.
A lipid panel measures the two types of cholesterol in the blood: high-density lipoproteins and low-density lipoproteins. It will also check the triglyceride levels. This is done to determine your risk of heart disease. If these levels are high, you may need more frequent testing.
Quick Family Urgent Care has the facilities to help you with many of your health concerns. We can provide blood testing to give you quick results when you need them. Call us to find out more and to make an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome. We are conveniently located at 4301 S Flamingo Rd Ste 102 Davie, FL 33330. We serve patients from Cooper City FL, Plantation FL, Southwest Ranches FL, Weston FL, Pembroke Pines FL, Pine Island Ridge FL, Broadview Park FL, and Fort Lauderdale FL.